Friday, October 10, 2008

NoMeansNo - Would We Be Alive?

My favorite Northwest (or is it Southwest?) band is probably NoMeansNo from Vancouver, B.C. If for some strange reason you don't know this band, then you should. Although not their greatest effort, this 4 song EP is a good start. Their music style could be described as bass-centered H.C., and it sure beats the crap out of boring music like Primus. They are also an awesome live act. I caught several shows that also featured D.O.A. and other acts like M.D.C. I was never disappointed.

Download.

1 comment:

Kameron said...

Stumbled across your blog today, and I have to agree about No Means No. They were the first band I saw live (@15 years old in 1990), and I've seen 'em several times since.

The Wright brothers are a phenomenal rhythm section, and the songs are great. Always a good time with No Means No!