Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Fall - Live at Victoria University NZ 9-8-1982

The Fall, at least for the first eight years or so, is my favorite band in the world. The band, based in Manchester England, has been around since the mid-1970s. One of the things I appreciate about the earlier era of The Fall is the syncopation. Since the 1980s, The Fall has experienced dozens of different line-ups. It might be the longest lasting of the original Punk/New Wave, and certainly has produced more albums than almost anyone else. The only constant (although he doesn't necessarily sing on every track) is frontman Mark E. Smith. Since the min-1980s, The Fall has basically been his project. Some of the later stuff I like; others not so much.

Anyway, this first direct download features a live "album" from 1982 that was once featured on the The Unofficial Fall Website (which at the time was the official website). The link is now dead, but you can now get it here. I also tried to enhance it a bit.

Download.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love The Fall, Mark Smith is totally amazing.. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love The Fall, Mark Smith is totally amazing.. thanks.