A court in Havana, Cuba, has ordered a punk rock musician to pay a fine of $30 (£15) for public disorder for playing his band's music too loud.See also the Porno Para Ricardo Video.
However, Gorki Aguila was cleared of a more serious charge that could have led to a jail sentence.
The lead singer of band Porno Para Ricardo is known for songs that ridicule Cuba's communist government.
He had faced a possible four year term in prison for the crime known in Cuba as social dangerousness.
The controversial law allows the jailing of people who the authorities believe have been displaying behaviour that would indicate they could be on the verge of committing a crime.
Drunk And Armed Downloads
- (Politics is Dirty).mp3
- (Not) So Cool.mp3
- Apathy is Free.mp3
- Baby Boom Bullshit.mp3
- Why Won't You?.mp3
- Pointless Rage.mp3
- Sloppy Joe The Vampire Lord.mp3
- Happy Day Dance April 11, 2013.mp3
- There Will Be War.mp3
- Monster Death Machine
- Self Indulgent Shadow
- Wallowing Casualty Vampires
- The Honky Dance.mp3
- (Barack Obama Is Really Good At) Killing People.mp3
- Obama Likes Pie.mp3
- One Shot Left.mp3
- Cranial Rectal Embedment.mp3
- You Deserve It!.mp3
- Don't Work For Free!.mp3
- Just Armed.mp3
- Rock Star (Live).mp3
- Big Stink #8.mp3
- Burn It Down (Solstice Demo).mp3
- "The Hippo Tumor Mixes" Album
- "Only Chumps Pay" Singles Collection
- The Politician E.P.
- Individual Song MP3s and Lyrics
- Punk Rock Philosophy
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Cuba punk rocker spared jail term
Cuba punk rocker spared jail term: