Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Drunk And Armed - Maladaptive [Introduction]

The AC Adapters for my guitar effects pedals do not work and replacing them is turning into a major pain in the ass. Just because the plug fits and it says 9 volts does not mean it will deliver the power needs for the device to work, but don't tell it to idiots on EBAY.

But enough of that, meanwhile, I started playing a new style that has proven prolific anyway.   It's still punk, but I think it is more punk jazz than anything else it could be described.  In addition to my power supply woes, my shoulder, which is still smarting from a collision (side swipe on I-5) with a semi- at 60 mph last year (the fucker also hit and ran, and got away with it), can't play guitar as easy so I did it all the bass stand up.

Believe it or not, I actually tried not to play badly, Satan help me!

Anyway, starting soon, my first such efforts will be coming soon. I have started a new album called "Maladaptive" in honor of the non-working AC adapters. "Dirt" will probably return. I have a great deal of recordings to work with in that style yet.  (And I may find someone competent to replace my power supplies.  It could happen.)

Let me know what you think.  I am responsible for the entire product.

- SRL

No comments: